Friday, April 1, 2011

Was it worth it? Meal plan... 5 dinners...1 hour

We have completed a week of 5 Dinners in One Hour, so I thought I'd give you my two cents!

  1. First of all, Michelle offers you a free week trial of recipes. Quite frankly, this is the only reason I tried it. You really have nothing to lose to request the free trial and see if the recipes interest you. Just visit the page and on the right-hand side you'll see a place to request a free trial. Really, it's that easy!

  2. Secondly, a couple of our local grocery stores offer online shopping. You place the order online and pick-up. In general, we save more money this way because we stick to our grocery list. Tonight, when I placed my order I entered only the 5 dinner one hour items first -- $48.86 (before tax). This included some of the pantry items listed that I didn't not have & did not account for any coupons I may have had toward some of the items. I don't know about you, but our family of 3 could not eat out for dinner 5 nights for $50.00.

  3. Easy-peasy! I made all of the dinners & cleaned up the dishes in LESS than an hour last Sunday afternoon. Every night this week, dinner was on the table in less than an hour after getting home. There was no stress and fuss about meal time because it was DONE!

  4. We have stretched the meals to include leftovers for lunch and I think we will have 2 more dinner meals this weekend from the meals this week. You can't beat that!

As a busy wife, mom, student and oh a full-time job too - I am loving the meal plan! Remember, you can modify the recipes to your families taste or reduce the amount (I did on a couple b/c we are family of 3) OR you can freeze for a later date! So run over to her blog and sign up for the free trial - you'll be glad you did!



PS - I reviewed the recipes we tried this week here.

No comments: