Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Do you coupon?


Have you tried couponing? Are you a seasoned pro? I have tried before (10+ years ago) and failed miserably. Frankly, I think I had no clue what I was doing! I've been reading alot on blogs recently about huge savings from couponing. I would love to get our weekly budget for groceries down to $50 per week. In order to make this a reality, I know I need to invest some time and energy into couponing. I do have a few criteria...


  1. I will not buy something just because I have a coupon for it - IF it is not something I normally use, I won't but it.

  2. I will continue to prepare healthy meals for my family. In other words, I'm not stocking up on Totino's pizza because they are on sale and I can get them free.

  3. I will try to make couponing a game vs. a chore. How much can I save this week?

Here are a couple of websites I have enjoyed browsing...

Homemaking Mom -- One of the reasons , I like this website is because she doesn't stock up on "junk". You can tell she trys to buy healthy!
Total Kitchen Makeover -- Again, she shops reasonably & offers great tips for produce, etc.
Southern Savers -- This is the "big daddy" of them all -- helpful hints, gettings started and a coupon database

Do you have any tips or advice to share?

No comments: