Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekly Menu


Sorry ya'll -- but it's easier for me to post my menus on the weekend and don't ask me why but it's easier for me to start with the current weekend - so there! :)



  • Saturday - Family Celebration for Super-Son's birthday at Funigan's! Cheese pizza and birthday cake

  • Sunday - Grilled Burgers and Homemade Baked Fries

  • Monday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SUPER-SON! Make Ahead Spaghetti & Meatballs with Italian Bread (5Dinners) Review: I was a little leary of this recipe from the beginning. I'm not sure why - I make lasagna without baking the noodles all the time & we love Italian food! Anyway, I'm disappointed to say this was not a hit. :( I ended up making a pot of noodles and sauce after the "make ahead spaghetti" came out of the oven. I'm not even sure how to describe it - but it was mushy (real techincal term I know!) and the meatballs (I used Armour brand) were terrible. Next time, I would make-ahead my lasagna recipe OR brown italian sausage (or beef) to have ready for spaghetti & sauce on the night you plan to have spaghetti. (It would actually probably take less time to do that vs. waiting for this to bake anyway). You never know how it will taste until you try. 0 out of 5 stars

  • Tuesday - Roasted Sausage, Peppers & Onions (5Dinners) -Review - This recipe smelled delicious while it was in the oven - yum! Even superson wanted to know what the good smell was :) It tasted as great as it smelled. If we were not watching what we ate - I would give this recipe 5 out of 5 stars, but since we are I would have to rate it 3 out of 5 stars. It is not WW friendly unless you allow for the points and it's high in sodium. I need to look at alternative options to "lighten" it for next time. I knew it would be high in sodium, but I didn't realize how high in points it would be until I ran it through the WW recipe builder. However, if you are planning ahead - you should be able to accommodate this recipe in to your WW plan for the day (I was).

  • Wednesday - Slow-Cooked Asian Beef & Broccoli with Brown Rice (or Chow-Mein Noodles) and Fortune Cookie :) (5Dinners) Review - 4 out of 5 stars for this one! The meat was very tender, but I would say be very careful not to overcook. We had with chow-mein noodles for some crunch. It's a little higher on WW points, but doable if you plan your meals.

  • Thursday - Chicken Salad Pitas (5Dinners)

  • Friday - Leftovers or Homemade Pizza :)

I'm assembling our "5 dinners" this afternoon, so I'll try to post a pic later!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love $5 Dollar Meals too!

There's lot of yummy meals planned this week.

Have a wonderful week.

Mom to One said...

I know right? Lots of yummy goodness and think of all the money were saving while people are eating out! :)

We have leftovers from last night that I had not accounted for, so I might be able to roll a couple of mine forward to next week.

Have a blessed week! -Traci