As a society, we seem to always fall short on time. I can certainly attest - there don't seem to be enough hours in the day. As a full-time mom, wife, employee and student - I'm always looking for ways to streamline our life and make it more organized as well as efficient. Recently I came across the blog, 5 Meals in One Hour. I requested her free trial. This afternoon, I spent an hour assembling meals for the week. Instructions and assembly were EASY! I'll update this post as we try the recipes this week.
- Saturday: Steak & Blue Cheese Salad with Hash Brown Casserole *I used steak leftover from a meal earlier in the week. After dinner, my fellas were requesting brownies. I didn't have a box mix on-hand, so we made these delicious brownies from scratch. YUMM! AND, we had the leftover Hashbrown Casserole with brunch on Sunday.
- Sunday: Sour Cream Noodle Bake with salad & French Bread
- Monday: Mini Honey Mustard Meat Loaves with Mashed Potatoes & Steamed Corn(5Dinners) *Review - I would rate 4.5 out of 5 stars. I think the meat mixture could use some of the honey mustard/ketchup topping. I LOVE that it is a Weight Watcher friendly recipe. :)
- Tuesday: Crispy Pork Chops with vegetables & applesauce (5Dinners) *Review - Let me first say - I am not repeat NOT a big fan of pork chops. I know they are the "other white meat" - but they're not my fav. However, I would totally give these Crispy Pork Chops 5 out of 5 stars. I think the Panko crumbs helped give them a "crunch" that refreshed my palate! And another plus - it's Weight Watcher friendly too. :)
- Wednesday: Chicken & Broccoli Bake with Brown Rice (5Dinners) *Review - Another winner! It would be very tempting to use 2 cans of soup (instead of 1) in this recipe, but one was just enough. I had one serving of the bake over brown rice. 4.5 out of 5 stars! And, if you're wondering -- yes, it is Weight Watcher friendly too. :)
- Thursday: Chicken Caesar Salad Pitas (5Dinners) *Review - Superhusband enjoyed this - he actually had the salad (no pita) and added a little parm cheese. We used the "lite" version of caesar salad too! I have class late on Thursday, so I packed some of the chicken-broccoli bake leftovers. Of course, all my classmates wanted to know when I had time to cook. Hehe!
- Friday: Shredded Beef Tacos (5Dinners) *Review - Normally, I use lean ground beef when we have tacos, so this was a change for us. I modified just a bit for sodium content and used Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime instead of a taco season packet. Next time, I'll add a bit more. Other than that, I rate this recipe 4 out of 5 stars!