Saturday, March 26, 2011

Update!

Since my last post was January 2010, I'm fairly confident I don't have any "regular" blog followers. I didn't realize it had been "that" long! Anyway, we are still around and I'm hoping to take a fresh start with the blog. I've been contemplating deactivating my Facebook account for sometime. I really do enjoy surfing FB, but it is a time suck and distraction for me. I don't really have a lot of time to waste as a full-time mom, wife, student, and employee. :) So, this morning I took the plunge and deactivated it. I'm hoping to use the blog as my daily outlet for ramblings on life. I enjoy reading other's blogs and their journeys with home organization, cleaning, healthy eating and exercise - so you can bet those will be some familiar topics here as well!

Speaking of cleaning, I've discovered Shaklee products. I kept reading about them and didn't know if they were all they were cracked up to be. I decided to spend a little extra money (that over time would save us money on cleaning products) and see if they really worked. I can honestly say thus far I'm quite pleased. If you would like to read more, click over to Bowl Full of Lemons.

This week, I'm trying a new timesaver - 5 Dinners in 1 Hour. She offers a free trial menu, so I figured why not! I'll be assembling our meals tomorrow afternoon. Michelle offers the recipe; assembly & cooking instructions; as well as your shopping list. Sounds easy right?! The challenge for me will be modifying the recipes here and there to stay within Super-Husband's daily sodium range and Weight Watcher range, but I think we can do this!

If you have a Lowes Foods in your area, I highly recommend their shopping service, LowesFoodsToGo . You place your order online, select your pick-up time, and viola! Your order is ready. And if you're a couponer, no worries -- they will take your coupons at pick-up and apply the credit to your next order. I don't do this every week, but some weeks I'm pushed for time or life happens and it is a huge stress relief. I can place the order before I leave for work and Super-Husband or myself with pick it up on the way home.

Speaking of Super-Husband, health-wise he is doing quite well. 2009 & 2010 were challenging in so many ways - but God was with us every single step of the way. I won't go into all the details but God is good! Super-husband's is able to compensate very well considering the weakness of his heart and he doesn't let it slow him down. He is "living life". God used a particular situation this past summer to show me He was and has been in control. :) Funny, how I've known for years but often try to control a situation. Anyway, once God got my attention and I let go and let God do His thing -- my stress has been quite diminished and I'm living my faith in Him instead of being His bratty child tring to control a situation. :)

Wow! I'm rambling here -- I better save some for next time or I won't have anything to talk about. :)

No comments: