Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The perfect lunch...

Every Wednesday afternoon, we have a weekly staff meeting.  Occassionally, this proves to be a challenge for me because there are always snacks and/or candy.   I usually eat lunch before we go into the meeting, but today I opted to eat lunch while in the meeting.  

I prepared a salad this morning, so there was no trying to figure out "what's for lunch".   Again - planning & I promise a post on that later this week.  :)

It was a really simple salad and easy to throw together. 

2 cups bagged spinach
3/4 c. sliced strawberries
1/4 c. blueberries
1/4 c. sliced almonds
2 TBS Annie's Light Raspberry Vinaigrette

I'm sure it would taste even yummier when strawberries are in season.  I was lucky to find the blueberries & strawberries at Aldi over the weekend & they were actually quite tasty!  I put the spinach in a large container  & packed the strawberries, blueberries, and almonds in snack bags.   Super easy!

No comments: