Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year & Race Results

Cheers to the New Year - "Running of the Lights" 1.01.2012
As I mentioned yesterday, our family participated in a local 5.5K at midnight to ring in the New Year.

I'm not sure why it was a 5.5K this year - the only think I noticed that was different was the start/finish line was moved.  I finished in 46:15 - I ran more & when I stopped to walk - I tried to keep a brisk pace & I would do more running (usually I get mentally defeated after I take a walk break and never pick back up with running again).  There was a tough steady incline (that's a nice way of saying HUGE hill) on the back stretch & it slowed me down a bit. I felt strong and my breathing felt really good - just need to work through the "mental" of thinking I need to slow down and walk - when I should just press ahead.  Overall, I'm really happy with where I finished and how I felt throughout the race.

So today, I celebrate:
1.01.11 - Running of the Lights 5K - 53.25
1.01.12 - Running of the Lights 5.5K - 46:15
My best 5K time - Crystal Coast 5K - March 2011 - 45:19

And, congrats to my friend, Sally, who did this virtually with me (via her treadmill!).

PS - If you are reading my blog and thinking "man, that's slow" - then you probably don't need to be reading my blog.  :)    Just remember, I'm still lapping the people who are sitting on the couch.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Great job on the run and increasing your time! :)

Mom to One said...

Slow & steady wins the race! :)