Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Did you say pizza?

As a matter of fact, I did mention pizza in yesterday's post.  One of my friend's questioned why in the world I would eat a slice of pizza and a piece of ice cream cake.  This may or may not be what you want to read - but it is what it is.

First of all, this journey is about me and only me.  It's about my trek to a healthier lifestyle.  Is pizza healthy?   Well in moderation, I think it is.  Please remember I didn't start this journey on January 1, 2012.  I've been working on this for the past 12-15 months.  To me, my lifestyle change is about LIVING!   Personally, I can't live the rest of my life eating (or drinking) meal replacements;  eliminating carbs;  or exercising 5 hours a day in the gym.

My lifestyle is about...
  • tracking my calories daily
  • enjoying the journey
  • exercising at minimum 3 times per week
  • celebrating life
  • encouraging others
  • focusing on the healthy food pyramid
One reason, I was able to allow for the high calorie lunch is because I off-set the lunch with a low-calorie breakfast and dinner and I'm totally okay with that.   I'll talk about planning later this week. 

That's my two cents, you can agree or disagree.  :)

No comments: