Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions & a Money Saving Tip

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't make resolutions, but I found the top 5 resolutions for 2012 interesting
  1. Be financially-savy
  2. Read at least 1 book per month
  3. Eat properly
  4. Get enough sleep
  5. Keep a journal of awesome moments (source: wikipedia)
I would guess that most people's resolutions revolve around self-improvment in some way (diet, exercise, financial health, being a better person).   Personally, I'm not making any resolutions this year.  Instead of using the New Year as a dawning of "new" resolutions -- I want to make each day fresh and new!   Living my best each and every day... when I "fall off the wagon",  I won't wait until the New Year.  I'll dust myself off and move ahead the next day.

Since it is the New Year and folks are perhaps being more frugal this year, I'll share a Money Saving Tip!   I am not a coffee drinker, so I wasn't one of those folks who asked for a Keurig for Christmas.  :)   However,  I do love some speciality drinks - hot chocolate, chai tea latte, and frappuccinos.  I love some Starbuck's but I always feel guilty spending the money on a beverage that I could make at home.  For Christmas, I usually request a Starbuck's gift card & treat myself on Friday mornings.  This usually lasts me until around March and then the card is without money!    Over the weekend, I found a way to stretch the money & save some calories!  

Instead of ordering a Grande Chia Tea Latte - with skim milk (over 200 calories & close to $4.00),  I can order a kid's hot chocolate (with skim milk & no whip) (130 calories and under $2.00).  The hot chocolate doesn't come out piping hot (yeah) and it's nearly half the cost of my usual order.   The kid's hot chocolate was just enough to fill me up and satisfy my sweet tooth. 

Do you have a money-saving tip to share?

1 comment:

Ann said...

A kids hot chocolate, I never thought of that!! Great idea!!!