Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Parenting is TUFF...

Remember the Toughskin jeans of the 70's-80's, they were designed to intrigue mom's of rough-n-tough boys. Supposedly, you could not wear the jeans out -- they were that STRONG. :) I'm sure more than a few fellas put those jeans to the test.

Sometimes as a parent, I feel like I need a pair of those rough-n-tough jeans. Being a parent is hard yet so rewarding. I go through phases where I feel like I totally suck at being a mom, superhusband always reminds that I'm a wonderful mom. But there are some days I sure don't feel like it. You know the days were you repeat yourself over & over because you are pretty sure they didn't get the message the first time. Or, the days were they look like you like you have three heads instead of one -- c'mon folks, we parents know NOTHING. :) It seems to get harder the older they get as well. Superson recently turned 10, so we still have a long road ahead. However, I remember some of the things I cried over, stressed over in earlier years & they seem so silly now. I'm hoping the things I cry and stress over today will seem just as silly a few years from now.

Depsite the frustrations and unknowns of parenting, the times they make it worth it are priceless. The time you see him "live out" a lesson you've been trying so hard to teach; the "thanks mom" -- that is genuine; the "I love you"from out of nowhere. The reality is as much as I want to teach him lessons about life -- he is teaching me so much more.

1 comment:

Jessica @ Home and Faith said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving sweet comments! Parenting is tough and I remember when my son was first born, I cried and held him one night and promised him I would try to be the best mom ever to him because he deserved it. I fail a lot, but I think it's ok that He knows I am not perfect. Only God is. It doesn't stop me from trying though. Because he does deserve the best! God bless!