Saturday, May 21, 2011

Clutter and Chaos...

I love an organized home. However, I will be the first to admit our home is far from organized. I enjoy reading other blogs and seeing fabulous transformations. I Heart Organizing is one of my favorite blogs -- lots of good tips and information there! While surfing her blog this week, I stumbled across a reader's coat closet transformation. The best part about the coat closet redo... it cost her absolutely NOTHING! :)


My wheels start turning and thinking of our "problem areas"... spare bedroom, linen closet, coat closet, and "pantry". I was talking with a co-worker who LOVES to tackle projects. She offered to help me.... NO WAY! Yes, way -- I said, "you have no idea how bad it is"... haha! But, I promised her I would take pictures. I was mortified after taking the pictures, so I got busy de-cluttering. :) I ended up with a bag of trash & a bag for Goodwill.

I started with our pantry... keep it real ya'll... here is the before & after...






















The good news, The storage containers with the blue lids are EMPTY! The dark brown baskets on the third shelf are empty and I may move them to the family room over the weekend. And, the basket on the bottom shelf is EMPTY too! We can see the floor again too! I tried to upload more before & after pics, but got really annoyed that blogger kept reformatting my post! :) Trust me, it's much better!



What are you decluttering this weekend?

No comments: