Friday, May 20, 2011

Crayons...

I loved Crayons as a kid. I still love coloring in a coloring book. Childish? yes. Calming? yes. I dream of visiting the Crayola factory one day. :) Silly but true -- perhaps I am a real kid at heart.

Perhaps you are wondering why I am talking about Crayons. Yesterday, I received a very heartfelt email in response to my friend post. It was such a great email... very real and very genuine that it brought tears to my eyes. One of my favorite quotes is --


"We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names. All are different colors, but they all have to learn to live in the same box." -- Author Unknown


However, I like the way crayons were referred to in the email I received even better...

"The way I look at the people around me is the equivilent to a box of crayons... oooooooo...different colors, some I like, some not so much. Separate they may not make much impact, but together, they can create something beautiful, colorful, intricate, detailed, so much to look at, so much to enjoy. I may like one crayon more than another, it may be my favorite forever or just for a while, but the idea is to enjoy it while you have it!!" -- thank you SW ((Hugs))

What is your favorite color???

No comments: