Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful ladies out there! I am incredibly blessed with a wonderful mother who has shown God's unconditional love to me throughout my life. I can only hope and pray that I will be same Godly influence on super-son. She's certainly given me big shoes to fill.

Motherhood did not come easy for me. It took three years of trying and waiting, but finally our bundle of joy was on the way. April 4, 2001 is a day I will never forget -- each detail of the day etched in my mind forever. I don't think anyone could have ever prepared me for the wealth of emotions that came with motherhood. I truly understand what it means to wear your heart outside of your body. Mine walks around as a brown-eyed; brown-headed young boy. :)

The hardest part of being a mom -- life lessons. On Friday, super-son learned one of many life lessons. Without question, I do believe this is the hardest lesson he's learned so far (for all of us actually). I was mad and then upset and then mad. He has consequences associated with this lesson. He's been grounded from all electronics until Wednesday. (if you don't have a 10 year old, it's pretty big stuff to go without your tv, video games, computer, and tunes). Super-husband and I are pretty sure he has learned a valuable lesson; however, it's been extremely difficult for me NOT to bring up the situation (again and again). We told him once it was a discussed as a family on Friday night - we would not talk about it again. I've had to bite my tongue a couple of time as a I started to say... "are you sure you understand?"

Anyway, this morning I was reminded --- Jesus forgives us as soon as we ask... He doesn't bring the situation up over and over and over... If we want to talk to Him about our problems, He will listen - but He's not going to beat us over the head... So, I'm going to be more like Jesus... Show super-son unconditional love and let the consequences speak for themselves...

No comments: