Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Random List of Things I'd Like to Learn

Do you have moments when you wish you knew how to do something -- a skill, a talent, etc.... I thought I'd make a list of things I'd like to learn...

1.  Sewing - I've tried before and failed miserably - something about the sewing machine intimidates me.  I need a super basic sewing class.  I asked for a gift certificate for a local sewing place several years ago - I signed up to learn to make a pillow -- seemed basic enough, but even that was over my head!

2. Basic Plumbing & Electrical Skills - I just wanna know how to do stuff!  Although, I must admit with Google and YouTube - you can almost figure out anything.  We had a steady drip from our shower head for longer than I care to admit.  We kept avoiding addressing the issue b/c well, I don't know why!  Anyway, I recently fixed it with help of Google, YouTube, and my friend Sally. It was such a simple fix - the washer behind the knob needed to be tightened!

3. Automotive Stuff - I say stuff because I'm really not sure what I want to know - I don't want to be intimidated at the garage when I need a car repair.

4.  Music/Singing - This is definitely a talent I was  not born with - I'm tone deaf and can't carry a tune, but boy, I can make a joyful noise.  I'd love to learn to read music, play the piano, and use my voice.


I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones that come to mind most often... What do you want to learn?

No comments: