Sunday, September 8, 2013

What's cooking?

Last Monday, I decided to cook up a couple meals to get started in the week.  I've done this before and it proves to be a huge time-saver during the week especially when school is in session.  It probably took me about 2 hours but was worth every minute.  There was no second-guessing what's for dinner.  Bonus, we had leftovers so I didn't have a sandwich every day for lunch either.  :)

After church today, I decided to do the same.  I was already scheduled to pick up groceries around 12:30p, so I had about an hour to play with.  I started stewing some chicken and put together super-son's breakfast pizza/casserole for the week.   After all the groceries were put away, I went right back to it.  Not only did I get 3 meals prepped and ready for dinner this week.  I have super-son's breakfast baked and portioned out for the week.  DIY trail-mix, wasabi peas, watermelon, cucumbers, celery are all prepped, portioned, and ready to put in lunch boxes.  It took me around 3.5-4 hours this week but that includes going to pick-up the groceries.  All in all not bad!

Do you have any time saving or meal-prep tips?

No comments: