Sunday, September 15, 2013

Twice Baked Potatoes - Lightened Up

Last week, I made twice-baked potatoes.  It was the second time I've made the recipe and once again, it was a hit.   I pinned the recipe here.  If you want accurate serving size/nutrition information,  I would highly recommend running through a recipe builder.   The recipe was quite a few more calories according to My Fitness Pal.  We had the potatoes with a side salad it was filling and delish!

Easy Twice Baked Potatoes

3 large russet potatoes
1/2 c. fat free chicken broth  (I used reserved chicken broth from another recipe I was making)
1 c. 2% shredded cheddar
1/3 c. thinly sliced green onions
1/4 c. light sour cream
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 TBS Hormel real bacon bits

Heat oven to 400 degrees F.

Pierce potatoes in several places with tip of sharp knife. Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until tender. Immediately cut potatoes lengthwise in half; scoop out centers, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells.

Beat potato pulp, broth, 1/2 cup cheese, onions, sour cream and mustard with mixer until well blended. Spoon into shells; top with remaining cheese and bacon bits.

Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.

Makes 6 Servings


I prepped these ahead of time & popped them in the oven when I got home from work.

No comments: