Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Orange Honey Teriayki Chicken & Quinoa Fried Rice

One of my favorite (and perhaps my only) Chinese dishes is General Tso's chicken.  I love the combination of sweet & spicy.   We don't eat Chinese often because it usually leaves me feeling miserable and bloated.  I ran across these two recipes on Pinterest & decided to give them a try.  Thumbs up for both of them!

Orange Honey Teriyaki Chicken - click here for the recipe.   I didn't not follow the recipe to a T because I didn't have all the ingredients on hand.  However, it turned out DELISH!   I omitted the mirin and ginger & substituted chicken breast in place of the chicken thighs.

Quinoa Fried Rice - click here for recipe.  I am a new fan to quinoa.  It is incredibly feeling and has a texture between rice & pasta.  This dish did not disappoint.  Of course, I modified and it turned out great.  I didn't use fish sauce, tomatoes, red peppers - but instead used a diced onion, a small can of peas/carrots (drained) and only 1 egg. 


No comments: