Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Valentine Wreath -- Cupcake Style

I'm still trying to figure out the direction of the blog, so for now things may seem "out of order".  :)

Yesterday,  I was feeling crafty.  I searched Pinterest for some inspiration.  If you aren't on Pinterest, you have no idea what you are missing.  It can be a time-suck - but I've also found lots of tips, inspiration, and motivation from the site too.  I came across this awesome cupcake wreath tutorial.

Items needed:  cupcake wrappers;  wreath form;  straight pins

You simply take the cupcake liners & fold, twist, scrunch (whatever suits your fancy) and pin into the wreath form.   And then you have this ---

I plan on adding a few more for fullness.   This was a relatively inexpensive project.  I found the cupcake liners in the Christmas clearance at Michaels for 79 cents for a pack of 75 and I didn't use the entire pack.  The wreath form was 6.99 minus a 40% off coupon.   Other than the colors (red/white) - the print is not really "Christmas-y", so make sure you think outside the box when looking for after Christmas deals!

Linking up to a Bowl Full of Lemons!


No comments: