Wednesday, January 16, 2013

New Twist on a Favorite....

I know I've mentioned Pinterest more than once on this blog, but I can't get enough of the awesome website.  Some of my favorite pins are "new recipes" that I've stumbled across and pinned.  I'm not going to lie I do wonder how many pins people actually try.  In an effort to make sure I do attempt some of the pins, I created a "pins I've completed" board.

Tonight's menu was tacos.  While at lunch today, I briefly remembered pinning a baked taco recipe.  I pulled it up and realized I had all the ingredients needed, so I thought - why not.

Oh my word....
The recipe did NOT disappoint.  It was a definite 5 out of 5 stars.  I used the recipe from this blog .  My only modification was baking for 5 minutes.  I'm not saying it couldn't go longer - but my cheese was melted and I didn't want to overcook the shells.  I used taco seasoning I had on hand too - we usually use Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime as our "taco seasoning".   This would be a great family friendly Valentine's Day meal.  :)

Have you tried any new recipes lately?

No comments: