Friday, February 3, 2012

Quote of the Day

I intended to post this yesterday, but completely forgot - so hear ya go!

It's been unseasonably warm here this winter - 50s & 60s this week - crazy huh?!  Wednesday evening it started raining and rained for most of the night.  I woke up early on Thursday morning and thought I heard rain - but it was really just rain falling off the trees. I peeked out the window and saw it was misty, fogging and just plain yuck.  I went back to bed & waited for the alarm to go off.  The alarm went off at 4:55a and I thought "I should hit snooze.  Text Brandy.  It's wet."   HELLO!

 "Athletes don't hit snooze"

So, I jumped up, got dressed, and headed out to meet Brandy.  When I got to meeting spot, there were already 2 other groups of runners on the street.   I've noticed these two groups before - I can tell they are more advanced (longer distances and times).  I'm inspired and motivated by them.   If I want to run with the "big dogs", I gotta get up outta bed.   :)

I'm so glad I didn't hit snooze & so glad Brandy was there to meet me.  Our run was a little slower than Tuesday - but we got 2 miles of intervals done with a .25 warm-up and .25 cool-down.  Slow doesn't matter because while someone was hitting snooze, we were hitting the pavement.

No comments: