Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Favorite Holiday Snacks...

My mom is one of the best cooks I know - she loves to try new recipes & read cookbooks.  However, baking is not her thing, so for Christmas our treats were often snack related and not cookies she had baked for us to ice.  :)  

Here are a few of my favorites...
  1. Sausage Balls - quick & easy... the trick -- letting all the ingredients come to room temperature before trying to make them into balls...
  2. Butterscotch Haystacks - again, quick & easy... some people like to add peanuts, but I prefer the noodle & butterscotch only version  (yes, I even omit the peanut butter & marshmallows)
  3. Chocolate Pretzels - am I repeating myself - another quick & easy recipe... this is a great one to let kids help with ... they can unwrap the hershey kisses or places the M&M's on the finished treat!
  4. Fudge - For as long as I can remember, our family has always used the recipe on the Kraft marshmallow creme jar.
  5. Spinach Artichoke Dip - my favorite appetizer & snack!
  6. Queso Dip - again, right off the back of the Rotel label
There are many other "treats" I love during the holiday season, but these are just a few of my favorites.  Do you have a favorite holiday treat?

No comments: