Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Are you ready for Christmas?

Are stockings hung by the chimney with care?
Are the presents tucked neatly under your tree?
Are the cabinets stocked with food for your family & guests?

If the answer to any of those questions is "no", the good news is you have 3 more days until Christmas!  :)   I'm not sure why, but I tend to wrap my gifts on Christmas Eve, so our tree is bare underneath.   We've hosted my husband's family the past several years on Christmas Eve, but this year his parents are hosting again.  I'll probably take a dish or two, but I won't spend alot of time in the kitchen. 

Overall, I'm choosing to minimize the stress & simply enjoy the time with my family.   I haven't done any baking this year, and I'm ok with that.   Food can be a weakness for me, and so far I'm pleased with how I have handled the holiday gatherings.  

I realize I'm rambling but my point is to enjoy the PEOPLE over the holidays and focus less on the hustle & bustle, gift-giving or the ridiculous amount of food before us.  It's the people and relationships we should be celebrating!

No comments: