Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

Hopefully, this post won't come across as pessimistic!  I feel Valentine's Day is just another opportunity for retailers to cash in.  Every day should be about showing love & acts of kindness to those we care about it.  Quite frankly, I'd rather have flowers out of the blue - than the one day of the year they cost twice as much.  Even as I looked at cards, I thought this is ridiculous to pay someone else to say how much I love super husband so I came home & made my own card.  Enough about that!

Overall, it was a great week.  Super husband started a new schedule.  It's not ideal, but it's more hours & allows him to see super son when he gets home from school.  He's also able to get him started on homework which is a huge help to me!  

It was week three of the exercise class & I am loving it.  It is so true (the first step) in getting yourself there is the hardest,  but after the first class I was hooked.  It is metabolic effect & tabata style workouts which I love!  The workouts end with a quick devotional.  I had forgotten how much exercise helps mentally too.  Thursday night, the instructor shared these muffins & the recipe - very yummy!
I have ribs in the crockpot & light Mac & cheese in another crockpot for our Valentine dinner.  Do you have plans with your love?

No comments: