Saturday, November 24, 2012

Kitchen Update - Part 2

A couple of weeks ago,  I posted about the pleasures of removing our popcorn ceiling.  I can't tell you how relieved I was to cross that off my list.  The project was painting, painting, and more painting -- walls & cabinets.

The walls had been the same color (a nice, neutral beige) since we moved into the house in 2002.  I'm not going to lie - I liked it and had intentions of repeating with the same color.

But everyone kept saying - if you are going to paint, WHY paint it the same color?   I'll tell you why - I tend to play it safe that's why!   Well, the more I thought about it - the crazier I realized I was - we needed to step out of the box and try something different.   Replacing countertops was not in our budget, so we decided to go with a color that worked with the hideous color (dark blue-green) instead of working against it.  We chose Sherwin Williams -Tidewater.  Oh my stars - I LOVE IT!
The picture is a little darker than the actual walls.


It brightens up the space!  I wasn't completely convinced at first - it reminded me of a baby's nursery.  However, once we got the kitchen "put back together" - I loved it.  Our furniture is warm oak with honey tones and it complements the paint color.  The pictures I've posted are in the eat-in area of the kitchen. 

Here's one more picture and a sneak peek at one my favorite (and functional) accessories so far!
This picture is more true to color.

More to come...

No comments: