Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving already?

Seriously, next week is Thanksgiving!   Every time, I think about it - I shake my head in disbelief.  :)  

We have a small family, so our plans are usually low-key.  Super-son is out of school Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - so I will be taking a half-day vacation on Wednesday.   Thursday, we are planning to do the local Turkey Strut 5K. Last year, super-husband and I rocked it out & had so much fun!   It seemed like the perfect way to start the holiday season.  If there is something similar in your area, I would highly recommend it.  Additionally,  hop on over to A Journey to Thin and enter her great give-away for the 2nd Annual Thankful Healthy Blogger 5K. 

We'll probably finish the morning cooking a nice breakfast & then we are having Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws at Cracker Barrel.   It will definitely be nice to have some activity to offset the dinner calories.  I will miss being in the kitchen and cooking healthy options, but I appreciate the break as well.   Saturday evening, we'll celebrate with my family.

Are you planning ahead for Thankgiving?

1 comment:

Ak said...

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving either. Just crazy how fast this year has gone!

Glad you are participating in the 5k! :)