Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Good Eats for Thanksgiving

It seems a bit strange to not be in the kitchen this evening beginning preparations for Thanksgiving Day, but I do appreciate my father-in-law offering to take everyone to dinner.  :)    Last year, we tried to enjoy the day without over indulging and modifying recipes on some of our favorites.   Here is one of my favorite recipes that replaces the congealed salad (gag!) or Watergate salad on our table.

Autumn Fruit Salad

2 granny smith apples (cored and diced)
1 small can mandarin oranges (drained)
red, seedless grapes  (I always eyeball these, so I don't know an exact measurement)
1 small container of vanilla yogurt
1/2 to 1 cup of miniature marshmallows
1/4 to 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts

Mix all the ingredients together & chill.

Super easy & yummy!   We enjoy the leftovers for breakfast!

No comments: