Saturday, July 9, 2011

Back to planning...






I hope everyone is enjoying summer as much as I am! The picture is from our spontaneous trip last Sunday to Tweetsie Railroad in the Boone/Blowing Rock area. I really don't think it's changed much in 25 years, but it evokes so many wonderful childhood memories for me. Super-son is about to "age-out" but we've been several times over the past few years & it has been worth every penny each visit.



I've been a little slack in the meal-planning department since school got out in mid-June. I'm trying to get back in the swing of it this week. I've mentioned 5 Dinners in One Hour on the blog before & I do think it's a great resource. Preparing all your meals on the weekend is a HUGE time saver for the week. However, this week I'm giving e-mealz a try. They offer several different menu options & they have some free sample menus. Even, if you are looking for some new recipe ideas - I'd recommend at least looking at the sample menus. I decided to try the 3 month subscription for $15.00 (if you use code, samicone, you'll get $1.50 discount). You're allowed to change menu options once during your three months. I selected the "portion control" for us, but after reviewing the sample menus today I think I'm going to switch to "low fat".

No comments: