Monday, July 21, 2014

Summer is Slipping Away!

How quickly time flies when you are having fun!  Five weeks from today school resumes - it seems like school just released for the summer. 

While I don't get any extra time off, I do enjoy the relaxed pace. No ridiculous early wake-up -- whose idea was it to start middle school at 7:20a!  The bus stops are scheduled as early as 6:20.  I hang-up my hat as homework police - it's not a job I enjoy but it's necessary to monitor at our house. 

Summer has been a bit different this year.  My in-laws have been forced to downsize due to health reasons.  While we had hoped they would move into assisted type living, they chose a small 2 bedroom condo. It was necessary & past time to make a move. Unfortunately, we've been blessed with the task of trying to empty their house of contents. We've spent 5 Saturdays in the garage alone. It's overwhelming to say the least.  I pray they will find a buyer who would like a true fixer-upper, so they don't have to worry with it anymore. 

How's your summer? 

No comments: