Sunday, November 20, 2011

What A Weekend!

It's been a GORGEOUS fall weekend here!   My goal Saturday was to tackle laundry in the morning and work on school stuff in the afternoon.  I'd already decided we would wait and clean house on Wednesday night.   Well, I completed a couple of loads of laundry and then instead of hitting the books... I headed outdoors with super-husband and super-son.  They were making a massive sweep of the yard FULL of leaves.  All in all they spent three hours working on it.  I helped for a while and then we hauled some old logs that had been on the back of our property for awhile.  It was a nice little workout.   I ended the evening watching Hoarders and avoiding homework.  :)

Sunday was pretty typical for us.  We headed to church this AM and came home for lunch.   A local women's gym offers a free class on Sunday afternoons called "Fit Praise".   For the most part, it consist of low impact aerobics.  I went a few times last winter & decided to try it again last week.  I really enjoyed it last week - it was alot of toning and sculpting work (a lot of burn baby burn!).   This week,  it was Pilates.  I was really excited because I have always wanted to try Pilates, but never had the opportunity.   While it's not the cardio workout I'm accustomed to - it was a GREAT workout.  I was excited to hear it would be Pilates again next week, so I will have the opportunity to try it again.   For dinner, I tried a new recipe for roasted asparagus - I've made similar before - but I really like this recipe best.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments: